| Home | “Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you. It is incredibly delicious.” |
Any of the following true of you?
1. No time to cook.
2. No time to wash dishes.
3. No time to eat in restaurants.
4. No time for grocery shopping.
5. No time to eat more than once or twice a day.
If so, then this recipe may be for you!
Don’t let the simplicity of this recipe fool you. It is incredibly delicious. It consists of only six ingredients, and it is very quick and easy to prepare. It uses a microwavable, disposable paper bowl¹ and a plastic spoon¹ as the only cooking / eating utensils. It does not require any perishable ingredients such as fresh vegetables or dairy products (Butter will keep for months in the freezer!), so you only need to stock up on groceries once every few weeks!
1. Add a package of instant grits² to a 20 oz. microwavable, disposable paper bowl¹.
2. Add ¼ cup of instant oatmeal.
3. Add a tablespoon of sugar.
5. Add a 15 ounce can of black-eyed peas including all of the liquid.
6. Mix thoroughly.
7. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
8. While the black-eyed peas are cooking, melt 2 tablespoons (¼ of a stick) of butter³.
9. Add the melted butter.
11. Add a liberal amount of Swad Samosa Chutney⁴.
13. Serve while still warm.
¹ At Walmart™, I’ve purchased Dixie™ brand 20 oz. microwavable paper bowls in packages of 30 for US$2.97 and Diamond™ brand plastic spoons in packages of 48 for US$.96.
² I use Great Value brand instant grits, which comes in boxes of 12 “packets,” and is available at Super Walmart™.
³ For a good way to melt the butter, see “The World’s Best Popcorn” (http://llbest.com/?P=6c).
⁴ Swad™ Samosa Chutney is available from East Indian grocery stores - Call 800-800-SWAD to locate a dealer in your area.
| Home | THIS WEB PAGE URL: http://LLBest.com/?P=38 |